By the end of 2016, La Triveneta Cavi will finalise its policy regarding its wooden packaging. In fact, all the reels will undergo an appropriate fumigation treatment.
This decision has to be seen as part of an environmental policy that aims at respecting the environment and at harmonising all the materials supplied, always focusing on client service.
La Triveneta Cavi packaging (wood and Plywood) will, therefore, be eligible to be shipped to every country in the world and mainly to those countries, where this treatment is strictly required for environmental purposes.
If the wood has not been treated, it can be a possible vehicle of harmful organisms, such as fungi and bacteria. Therefore, for the effective protection of the ecosystem and of its biodiversity, such a treatment is fundamental for those companies that are particularly sensitive to this matter. To overcome the problem, the wood must undergo a heat treatment at the minimum temperature of 56 °C and for at least thirty minutes.
The IPPC / FAO Phytosanitary Marking, on which the ISPM-15 (International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures) is based, along with the universally recognised FITOK trademark – that establishes all the phytosanitary measures that have to be applied to wood packaging for international trade – guarantee this treatment.
For thermally treated materials, the trademark features, on the left-hand side, an ear of corn, the internationally recognised IPPC/FAO logo that includes the IPPC acronym. On the right-hand side, there is the identification code of the company that carried out the treatment or that manufactured the packaging. For example IT-00-0000 TH:
- IT stands for the country, in this case Italy, where the treatment was carried out or where the packaging, made of treated wood, was manufactured.
- 00: stands for the region where the treatment was carried out or where the packaging, made of treated wood, was manufactured.
- 000: stands for the company where the treatment was carried out or where the packaging, made of treated wood, was manufactured.
- HT: stands for Heat Treatment
Below, there is the Phytosanitary Traceability Reference number (RFF) 0000/00 and the FITOK logo of Consorzio Servizi Legno Sughero where:
- 0000 corresponds to a progressive code that identifies the treatment number or the packaging made with treated raw material.
- 00 corresponds to the year of the treatment or to the packaging.
Our sales department will be happy to assist our customers with more information and details regarding this type of unique packaging. firstname.lastname@example.org